Slammed by Colleen Hoover | Review by Mohini Jugran


 

πŸ†πŸ…°πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΈπŸ…½πŸ…ΆπŸ†‚: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The 5 stages of grief and loss are: 

1. Denial and isolation

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance. 


πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ†‚πŸ…²πŸ†πŸ…ΈπŸ…ΏπŸ†ƒπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½: Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.


Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.


Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.


πŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…΄πŸ††: I love her writing style, the plot and the way story progresses. There were so many small but impactful things.


✨Slammed Series is the best of Colleen Hoo er and remain to be the book that shattered my heart in billion little pieces. It subtly highlights so many important issues. Most of all, how we handle grief. Acceptance isn't easy to come. 

In our sufferings, we earn so many things.

Recommended to everyone on the face of Earth who can read. There are so many things I want to talk about this gem of a YA book but tonight I'll just carve pumpkins because I lost someone today. Rereading it tonight🌸


P.S. Will was one of my very first book-boyfriends who ruined me all the real boys because no body can ever be half as good and considerate as Will 😍😍 But hey, Colleen has always given me hope!


P.P.S. This book introduced me to slam poetry almost a decade ago. One of the reason I started writing in the first place but nothing I've ever written has ever been as good as #ButterflyYou was. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Article By Avileena Dutta | Guest Post

Review | I Am Home To Butterflies by J. Alchem_Poetry Review by Mohini Jugran

Unleashed: Fae Shifters by Madilynn Dale | Review by Mohini Jugran