Review | Regretting You by Colleen Hoover | Mohini Jugran


****Four Unregretful Stars****

Disclaimer: Received an ARC from Montlake Romance and Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

It was a first mother/daughter book I read which had alternating POVs and I was a bit worried that it would somehow set me off considering the blurp itself said, "Morgan Grant and her sixteen-year-old daughter, Clara, would like nothing more than to be nothing alike."

What started out as a normal story of a family somehow had me connecting more with Morgan than her daughter even though I'm personally closer in age to Clara.

Colleen gave kinda easy clues as to what would happen as the plot unfolded page by page but dayummmmm, it was gripping and gut-wrenching with the overload of emotions just like any other CoHo book I've read so far.

Morgan and Clara had the very relateable mother-daughter issues of this age and I couldn't help but see things from a parents' POV which was an eye opening experience for me. To be honest, it was somewhat like the Slammed Series for me and I loved this thing.



"While struggling to rebuild everything that crashed around them, Morgan finds comfort in the last person she expects to, and Clara turns to the one boy she’s been forbidden to see. With each passing day, new secrets, resentment, and misunderstandings make mother and daughter fall further apart. So far apart, it might be impossible for them to ever fall back together."

Throughout I found it very engaging and finished the book in a single sitting. At times, Clara behaved kinda too much kiddish for my tastes and I wanted to shake some senses into her but overall, I loved it.. Especially the love story and angst because yeah, it's a CoHo book after all.

Recommend it all romance and YA readers!!
Thanks for ARC.
Ciao!
Happy Reading Ⓜ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Article By Avileena Dutta | Guest Post

Review | I Am Home To Butterflies by J. Alchem_Poetry Review by Mohini Jugran

Unleashed: Fae Shifters by Madilynn Dale | Review by Mohini Jugran